Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
Another way to use up all that zucchini! Moist and tasty. It can be used as a breakfast bread since it isn't as sweet as some chocolate zucchini breads.
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups white sugar
- 6 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts (may substitute chocolate chips if you wish) (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F Lightly grease two 9x5 inch loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, sugar, cocoa, oil, grated zucchini, and vanilla; beat well.
- Stir in the flour baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Fold in the walnuts.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pans. Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a loaf comes out clean.
I made this recipe into mini muffins. They were like little chocolate cake bites. Yum!!! They were even more moist the day after. Thanks for a great recipe. I made these again and substituted the chocolate chips and have to say they become very dangerous w/ that little adjustment. :) Also on my second attempt I made them in advance and froze them to make a quick addition for breakfast Christmas morning. They freeze great!!!
I am happy to say that this recipe looked familiar to me although it has been a few years since I made this.(Never mind how many years.lol;-)The only difference was that my recipe called for 2 tsp. grated orange peel,which I left out.So I feel that I can honestly rate and review this recipe.And it is a good one easy to make and a nice change from the usual Zucchini spice bread version.