Recipe by CookingSandefer
This super yummy bread is a great way to use up zucchini. It is so chocolaty and so gooey that you won't even notice the veggies. Mary from my church shared this recipe.
Top Review by dayzeee
It taste like a moist chocolate cake that needs no icing. The chocolate chips sprinkled on top is a perfect compliment. I'm surprised that their are not more reviews on this as I discovered this recipe last year. I'm giving this one 5 stars.
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups zucchini, grated and squeezed dry
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs and sugar until fluffy.
- Add oil and vanilla.
- Gradually add the flour, cocoa, powder, soda, and salt. Mix well.
- Add in zucchini. Pour into 2 greased large loaf pans.
- Sprinkle chips on top of batter.
- Bake at 350°F for about 1 hour or until a knife comes out clean.