Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This super yummy bread is a great way to use up zucchini. It is so chocolaty and so gooey that you won't even notice the veggies. Mary from my church shared this recipe.
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups zucchini, grated and squeezed dry
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- Beat eggs and sugar until fluffy.
- Add oil and vanilla.
- Gradually add the flour, cocoa, powder, soda, and salt. Mix well.
- Add in zucchini. Pour into 2 greased large loaf pans.
- Sprinkle chips on top of batter.
- Bake at 350°F for about 1 hour or until a knife comes out clean.
It taste like a moist chocolate cake that needs no icing. The chocolate chips sprinkled on top is a perfect compliment. I'm surprised that their are not more reviews on this as I discovered this recipe last year. I'm giving this one 5 stars.
These are just like a chocolate cupcake! You cannot tell there is any zucchini in them at all. I didn't have the chocolate chips, but it turned out very yummy anyway. Will definitely make it again! Thanks for the recipe!
I have made this recipe many times this year with always the same reaction - "can I have that recipe?" Also fabulously yummy made into muffins, and it requires less cooking time!