Recipe by allisone fuson
i got this recipe from a friend at work. originally, it had rice flour and xantham (sp?) gum instead of wheat flour. it's the best because it's dairy free!!! YUM!
- 3 eggs
- 1 additional egg white
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups grated zucchini
- 2 1⁄3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup semisweet vegan chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- combine eggs, oil, applesauce, vanilla, and and sugar in a bowl.
- then add the grated zucchini.
- in a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients together.
- slowly add the dry mixture into the wet zucchini mixture.
- fold in chocolate chips.
- this recipe makes two loaves of bread. (i have also filled a large bundt cake pan.).
- bake at 350 for 50-55 minutes. toothpick test.