Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this on another website and thought it sounded wonderful! I haven't tried it yet, but it combines some of my favorite things; plus it will help use up all the zucchini in my garden.
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large banana, mashed
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups zucchini, grated
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1 cup nuts, chopped (optional)
- 2 ounces baking chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 350. In one bowl, mix the eggs, cooking oil, mashed banana, vanilla, zucchini, and sugar. Let it set until the sugar has partly dissolved (about 15 minutes). Mix in melted chocolate (chocolate will not dissolve completely, giving the bread a slightly marbled look).
- In another bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and nuts.
- Sift the dry ingredients slowly into the wet ingredients. Stir until just mixed and pour into loaf pans coated in baking spray. Bake for approximately one hour. Makes two loaves.
This was easy to make and it turned out delicious!
the most moist whole wheat recipe Ive used yet!