Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I got this from the Kellog's Rice Krispies website. My Granny makes them and they are delicious. I like them minus the peanut butter. Cooking time is chill time.
- 3 cups kellog Rice Krispies
- 7 whole graham crackers
- 2 1⁄2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2⁄3 cup light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons margarine or 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- Coat 13x9x2 glass dish with cooking spray.
- Place 6 whole pieces of graham cracker in a single layer on the bottom.
- You will need to cut the remaining cracker to fit the bottom.
- Put marshmallows evenly over the crackers.
- Microwave on high for approximately 1 minute or until the marshmallows are puffy.
- Remove and let cool completely.
- In a 2-quart microwave-safe mixing bowl, combine chocolate chips, corn syrup, and butter.
- Microwave on high about 1 1/2 minutes or until mixture can be stirred smooth.
- Stir in peanut butter.
- Add cereal, mixing until evenly combined.
- Spread evenly over marshmallows.
- Cover and chill until firm (about an hour).
- Store in an airtight container.
Kids and teacher at my 7 yr old's school loved these and all asked for the recipe. Note I used milk chocolate chips.