Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
One of my childhood favourites, easy to make and fun for the kids to help with!
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 cups oatmeal
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder or 3 bakers chocolate squares
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In large bowl combine oatmeal, cocoa, salt, coconut and vanilla.
- In large pot, bring sugar, milk and margarine to a boil.
- Mix dry ingredients into butter mixture, remove from heat and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Drop by level tablespoonful onto waxed paper. Allow to cool for at least 30 minutes.
Just a great recipe. Lost it when my kids grew up .Now I have grand kids who will just love it. Sure glad I found it again.we called it Chocolate spiders.