Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe is from a friend of my mom's. They are great mini-cupcakes....perfect for snacking or for little fingers to hold.
- 6 ounces chocolate chips
- 1 cup sweet butter
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- Melt chocolate chips and butter in double boiler.
- Add nuts and remove from heat.
- Add sugar, flour, and 1 egg at a time.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Fill mini-muffin tins about 2/3 full.
- Bake@ 350 degrees Farenheit for 20-25 minutes.
- Tops will be crackly.
- Cool on wire racks.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
Okay, I need to add a note to this--you have *got* to use paper or (much better) foil muffin cups with these. I made them for the third time this past weekend, and greased the muffin tins instead of using foil muffin cups. They stuck so badly that my muffin tins were ruined, I scraped the finish off them trying to get the cupcakes out. I couldn't get any of them out without them being in pieces. Still a 5 star flavor, but I'm out two muffin tins!