Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Great for parties! Great for potlucks! Great for after school snack! Great for those "Get out of my way, I need chocolate!" moments! A gal from my previous job used to make this for staff parties and it was always a hit! Please note: cook time does not include chilling pudding.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box chocolate cake mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups water (for cake)
- 1⁄3 cup water (for cake)
- 3 eggs (for cake)
- 2 (5 2/3 ounce) boxes chocolate instant pudding
- 2 (8 ounce) containers Cool Whip
- 2 cups mini chocolate chips
- Make and bake cake as directed.
- Set aside to cool.
- Make pudding (make as directed for pies -less milk) and chill for an hour in fridge.
- After cake has cooled, crumble half of it in bite sized pieces in the bottom of a large, clear serving bowl.
- Layer 1/2 half of pudding on top of cake.
- Layer 1 tub of cool whip on top of pudding.
- Repeat this layering process with the rest of the cake crumbled up, the rest of the pudding, and the other tub of cool whip.
- Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips.
- Sit back and enjoy this yummy-to-your-tummy dessert!
yum you should try banana cream pudding mix with no choc. chips instead add sliced bananas YUM ;)
Ive been making this similiar recipe for years, all my college friends loved it, family loves it, and my husband! I make it light with no sugar fat free pudding, Light or fat free cool whip, and no oil and egg whites in the cake, its fantastic, also experiment with different flavored cakes and puddings!!!