Recipe by Adopted Parisian
Great for parties! Great for potlucks! Great for after school snack! Great for those "Get out of my way, I need chocolate!" moments! A gal from my previous job used to make this for staff parties and it was always a hit! Please note: cook time does not include chilling pudding.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box chocolate cake mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups water (for cake)
- 1⁄3 cup water (for cake)
- 3 eggs (for cake)
- 2 (5 2/3 ounce) boxes chocolate instant pudding
- 2 (8 ounce) containers Cool Whip
- 2 cups mini chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Make and bake cake as directed.
- Set aside to cool.
- Make pudding (make as directed for pies -less milk) and chill for an hour in fridge.
- After cake has cooled, crumble half of it in bite sized pieces in the bottom of a large, clear serving bowl.
- Layer 1/2 half of pudding on top of cake.
- Layer 1 tub of cool whip on top of pudding.
- Repeat this layering process with the rest of the cake crumbled up, the rest of the pudding, and the other tub of cool whip.
- Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips.
- Sit back and enjoy this yummy-to-your-tummy dessert!