Recipe by Grace Fung
A delightful alternative from Hershey to regular cream cheese cakes. (Time for draining yogurt not included in prep time)
Top Review by not_quite_right89
As far as taste goes, it wasn't bad, it had a satisfiable chocolate taste. However, the texture was not very much like a cheesecake, I was expecting it to be creamier but there really wasn't much of a creamy texture to it. The cornstarch in it gives it somewhat of a chalky texture. Overall it was an ok desert, but would not make again.
- 32 ounces low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 2 tablespoons graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- fresh fruit, for decoration
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare YOGURT CHEESE (recipe follows).
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs on the bottom of a 8-inch springform pan.
- In medium bowl with whisk, gently mix yogurt cheese, sugar, cocoa and cornstarch until well blended.
- Add eggs, vanilla and almond extract; stir until blended.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake in oven for 55 to 60 minutes or until edges are set.
- Remove from oven to cooling rack.
- Cool 30 minutes at room temperature.
- With knife, loosen cake from side of pan.
- Refrigerate before serving.
- Garnish with fruit, if desired.
- YOGURT CHEESE: Line non-rusting colander or sieve with large piece of double thickness cheesecloth or large coffee filter; place colander over deep bowl.
- Spoon yogurt into prepared colander; cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate until liquid no longer drains from yogurt, about 24 hours.
- Remove yogurt from cheesecloth; discard liquid.