Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
A delightful alternative from Hershey to regular cream cheese cakes. (Time for draining yogurt not included in prep time)
- Prepare YOGURT CHEESE (recipe follows).
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs on the bottom of a 8-inch springform pan.
- In medium bowl with whisk, gently mix yogurt cheese, sugar, cocoa and cornstarch until well blended.
- Add eggs, vanilla and almond extract; stir until blended.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake in oven for 55 to 60 minutes or until edges are set.
- Remove from oven to cooling rack.
- Cool 30 minutes at room temperature.
- With knife, loosen cake from side of pan.
- Refrigerate before serving.
- Garnish with fruit, if desired.
- YOGURT CHEESE: Line non-rusting colander or sieve with large piece of double thickness cheesecloth or large coffee filter; place colander over deep bowl.
- Spoon yogurt into prepared colander; cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate until liquid no longer drains from yogurt, about 24 hours.
- Remove yogurt from cheesecloth; discard liquid.
As far as taste goes, it wasn't bad, it had a satisfiable chocolate taste. However, the texture was not very much like a cheesecake, I was expecting it to be creamier but there really wasn't much of a creamy texture to it. The cornstarch in it gives it somewhat of a chalky texture. Overall it was an ok desert, but would not make again.
I'm very sorry to say, I didn't like this at all. I followed the directions very carefully, but it didn't turn out well. I cooked it an extra 10 minutes, but the center just didn't set up and all I can taste is yogurt. It doesn't taste a anything like a cheesecake to me, it just tastes like the Yoplait chocolate whipped yogurt. I had very high hopes for this one, but I will definitely not be making this again.
ok chocolate cheesecake is like somehow written in the depths of my soul like it is my life. and yet i wanna lose some of them extra pounds?? my dad. whos been baking since he was like out of the womb thought this was good for cheesecake. i could not find any difference in taste, or consistency, from any of the other 900 chcolate cheesecakes i have ever eaten. except for the crust. which was randomly kinda soggy & weird. BUT i added espresso powder & i cant believe its not butter light along with to extra tablespoons of graham cracker crumbs--even better. this is kinda genius. because you would think itd be like 900 carbs with .1 grams of fat or vice versa. but its not. this is decent to eat. i had a quarter of this for breakfast on a 1200 calorie diet. im feelin no guilt right now. eat. this. nowwwwww its so good k im done bye.