1 hr 40 mins
Spectacular presentation for that special dessert
My Private Note
9inch c ...
Units: US | Metric
Peanut Graham Crust
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 large ripe banana, mashed
- 1 cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts, finely chopped
Banana Cheesecake Filling
- 3 large ripe bananas
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 32 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 lb mascarpone cheese
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1Make the graham cracker crust: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Beat butter and sugar in mixing bowl until light and fluffy, using electric mixer at medium-high speed.
- 3Add graham cracker crumbs and mix well.
- 4Add mashed banana and peanuts and mix well.
- 5Press mixture into bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
- 6Bake for 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown and set.
- 7Cool in pan on wire rack.
- 8Make the banana cheesecake filling: Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F.
- 9Peel bananas and place in food processor bowl.
- 10Cover and process until bananas are pureed.
- 11Remove banana puree and place in bowl.
- 12Stir in lemon juice and set aside.
- 13Beat cream cheese in mixing bowl until smooth, using electric mixer at medium speed.
- 14Add sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- 15Add mascarpone cheese and beat 1 minute.
- 16Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 17Add vanilla and banana puree and blend well.
- 18Pour over crust.
- 19Bake for 35 minutes or until filling still looks jiggly and under-baked.
- 20Cool in pan on wire rack.
- 21Cover with aluminum foil and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- 22Cheesecake will set and be firm to the touch.
- 23Assemble the cheesecake: Cut a piece of parchment paper or food-grade acetate to fit around the side of cheesecake.
- 24Loosen cheesecake using a small knife.
- 25Remove side of springform pan.
- 26Place chocolate in small bowl over a pot of simmering water.
- 27Stir until chocolate is just melted.
- 28Stir until smooth and let cool.
- 29Spread 2/3 of the cooled chocolate evenly on strip of parchment paper.
- 30Allow chocolate to set up partially so that it is no longer wet to the touch, but is still malleable.
- 31Press chocolate-covered strip directly onto side of cheesecake.
- 32Refrigerate cheesecake until chocolate is set.
- 33Peel off parchment paper.
- 34Slice bananas on the diagonal.
- 35Place butter and brown sugar into skillet.
- 36Cook until mixture comes to a boil and is smooth, stirring constantly.
- 37Add bananas and heat until bananas are caramelized.
- 38Remove banana slices from mixture, one at a time, and place on plate.
- 39Arrange bananas on top of cheesecake in concentric circles.
- 40Reheat remaining 1/3 of the chocolate until just melted.
- 41Either with a disposable pastry bag or using a cup with a spout or simply using the tines of a fork, make lines of chocolate all over the top of the cake.
- 42Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Wrapped Banana Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (3251 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 7447.6
- Calories from Fat 4943
- Total Fat 549.2 g
- Saturated Fat 278.9 g
- Cholesterol 1737.7 mg
- Sodium 5134.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 567.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 40.4 g
- Sugars 350.3 g
- Protein 113.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: