Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Sometimes you just need to have that Chocolate and Peanut Butter fix to get through things that have gotten you down. This will do it! It takes a little work, but it is well worth the effort. Cook time is chill time.
- Line 9x5x3" metal loaf pan with 2 sheets of aluminum foil, 1 laid crosswise and 1 laid lengthwise; allow foil to extend several inches beyond rim.
- Arrange 7 ladyfinger halves, flat-side up, in bottom of pan, parallel to short end of pan.
- Line each long side with 7 ladyfinger halves, standing upright and flat-side in.
- Line each short end with 3 layfinger halves.
- Beat together butter, 10X sugar, vanilla and amaretto in large bowl until well blended.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition, until smooth and fluffy.
- Transfer 2 cups of the butter mixture to a small bowl.
- Add the extra-chunky peanut butter; mix well.
- Spoon evenly over bottom of ladyfinger-lined pan.
- Tap pan on counter to settle filling.
- Smooth evenly with spatula.
- Arrange 7 ladyfinger halves, parallel to short end of pan, over peanut butter mixture.
- Wedge 3 ladyfinger halves lengthwise down on long side of the pan.
- Stir melted chocolate into remaining butter mixture in large bowl.
- Spoon over ladyfingers; spread evenly.
- Arrange 10 ladyfinger halves as before.
- Crumble the remaining ladyfinger halves over the top, filling spaces between the ladyfingers.
- Fold the overhanging foil over the top; wrap securely.
- Freeze at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Fold back foil.
- Invert torte onto serving platter.
- Remove pan; carefully remove foil.
- Frost sides and top with Chocolate Peanut Butter Frosting (See note).
- Freeze, uncovered for 1 hour until frosting is firm.
- To serve: Cut into thin slices with thin-bladed sharp knife.
- Garnish with whipped cream, if desired.
- CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER FROSTING: Beat together 4 pkgs, (3 oz. ea.) softened cream cheese, 2 cups sifted 10X sugar and 1 Tbls.
- milk in medium bowl until fluffy.
- Beat in 1/3 cup smooth peanut butter and 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder until well mixed.
- **NOTE:If ladyfingers begin to crumble when applying the frosting, carefully cover cake with very thin layer of frosting.
- Place in freezer until firm.
- Spread evenly with remaining frosting.