6 hrs 45 mins
Sometimes you just need to have that Chocolate and Peanut Butter fix to get through things that have gotten you down. This will do it! It takes a little work, but it is well worth the effort. Cook time is chill time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Line 9x5x3" metal loaf pan with 2 sheets of aluminum foil, 1 laid crosswise and 1 laid lengthwise; allow foil to extend several inches beyond rim.
- 2Arrange 7 ladyfinger halves, flat-side up, in bottom of pan, parallel to short end of pan.
- 3Line each long side with 7 ladyfinger halves, standing upright and flat-side in.
- 4Line each short end with 3 layfinger halves.
- 5Beat together butter, 10X sugar, vanilla and amaretto in large bowl until well blended.
- 6Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition, until smooth and fluffy.
- 7Transfer 2 cups of the butter mixture to a small bowl.
- 8Add the extra-chunky peanut butter; mix well.
- 9Spoon evenly over bottom of ladyfinger-lined pan.
- 10Tap pan on counter to settle filling.
- 11Smooth evenly with spatula.
- 12Arrange 7 ladyfinger halves, parallel to short end of pan, over peanut butter mixture.
- 13Wedge 3 ladyfinger halves lengthwise down on long side of the pan.
- 14Stir melted chocolate into remaining butter mixture in large bowl.
- 15Spoon over ladyfingers; spread evenly.
- 16Arrange 10 ladyfinger halves as before.
- 17Crumble the remaining ladyfinger halves over the top, filling spaces between the ladyfingers.
- 18Fold the overhanging foil over the top; wrap securely.
- 19Freeze at least 6 hours or overnight.
- 20Fold back foil.
- 21Invert torte onto serving platter.
- 22Remove pan; carefully remove foil.
- 23Frost sides and top with Chocolate Peanut Butter Frosting (See note).
- 24Freeze, uncovered for 1 hour until frosting is firm.
- 25To serve: Cut into thin slices with thin-bladed sharp knife.
- 26Garnish with whipped cream, if desired.
- 27CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER FROSTING: Beat together 4 pkgs, (3 oz. ea.) softened cream cheese, 2 cups sifted 10X sugar and 1 Tbls.
- 28milk in medium bowl until fluffy.
- 29Beat in 1/3 cup smooth peanut butter and 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder until well mixed.
- 30**NOTE:If ladyfingers begin to crumble when applying the frosting, carefully cover cake with very thin layer of frosting.
- 31Place in freezer until firm.
- 32Spread evenly with remaining frosting.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Withdrawal Emergency Torte
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 452.2
- Calories from Fat 207
- Total Fat 23.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 181.3 mg
- Sodium 191.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 45.9 g
- Protein 7.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: