Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
DO NOT DOUBLE THIS RECIPE!!!
- 8 eggs, separated
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup cake flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon potato starch (or cornstarch)
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup red wine or 1⁄4 cup grape juice
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- In another, lg. bowl, beat egg yolks with sugar until thick and creamy.
- Sift together remaining dry ingredients. Stir into yolks until just moistened.
- Add juice and wine and mix well.
- Fold in egg whites.
- Pour into 9" or 10", shallow tube pan.
- Bake 50 minutes.
- SOURCE: The Complete Passover Cookbook, Frances R. AvRutick; @ 1981.