Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Kids of all ages love these chocolate sandwiches.
Make and share this Chocolate Whoopie Pies recipe from Food.com.
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1 cup milk
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons marshmallow creme
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl cream shortening, sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Add dry flour mixture to creamed mixture and beat well.
- Slowly add 1/2 cup milk and mix well.
- Mix cocoa and hot water and incorporate into batter.
- Drop batter by heaping teaspoons, about 2 inches apart, on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Cool thoroughly on a baking rack.
- Filling: Heat and whisk until thick flour and milk.
- Cool completely and beat in sugar, shortening and salt.
- Lastly beat in vanilla and marshmallow.
- Sandwich this filling between two cookies and serve.