1/5 Photos of Chocolate Whoopie Pies
These are always a good pick for bake sales, school treats, picnics, etc. It's a slightly "lighter" (lower in fat) than other whoopie pie recipes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil or 6 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1Preheat oven to 425. Lightly coat cookie sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2Whoopie Pies: In a mixing bowl, beat sugar and oil until crumbly. Add eggs and beat well. In separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- 3Gradually beat flour mixture into sugar mixture. Add milk and mix together well.
- 4With lightly lightly floured hands, roll dough into 1 1/2" balls. Place balls 2" apart onto cookie sheets lightly sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Flatten balls slightly with bottom of lightly greased flat-bottom glass.
- 5Bake at 425 for 5-6 minutes or until tops are cracked. Cool for 3 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool.
- 6Filling: In a mixing bowl, beat together butter and confectioners' sugar. Beat in milk and extract until fluffy.
- 7Pipe filling using pastry bag (or spread w/ knife) on to flat bottom of cooled whoopie pie and top with another whoopie pie to make a sandwich.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Whoopie Pies
Serving Size: 1 (33 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 125.9
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 14.2 mg
- Sodium 84.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 15.3 g
- Protein 1.4 g