Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 15 mins
You'll want to make a double batch of these truffles. SOOOoooo easy and soooo good.I store them in the freezer and find they are still good after a couple of monthe but the original recipe said store in fridge and for up to a week. I reccommend that you use "Slide" no stick foil
- Melt chocolate and butter in heavy saucepan over low heat.
- Stirring until smooth.
- Mix in crushed cookies and whiskey.
- Pour into a bowl, cover and chill about 45 minutes.
- Line a cookie sheet with foil and drop truffle mixture by tablespoon, spacing apart Freeze 15 minutes.
- Sift cocoa and 1/3 cup sugar together.
- Roll each truffle in the sugar.
- Place in air tight container and refrigerate.
- Can be made up to a week before serving.
- Let stand at room temp for 15 minutes before serving.
These are the best! I used a different whiskey and they are now in the freezer, well minus 2 or 3 that is =)
This year instead of 3 tbs "Jack Daniels" I put in 6 tbs and just had to leave the mixture sit in the fridge for 1 1/2 hrs to firm instead of 45 min. The mixture should be at the stage where it will sit in a nice mound. I also made them smaller and got 3 dozen. Hope someones tries these they are good!
I used graham cracker crumbs since that was what I had on hand. I added 1 tsp ginger and 1 tsp molasses hoping that would give me some of the ginger snap flavor. Next time I'll add more spice. Jack Daniels worked just fine. To minimize sticking to the plastic storage container, I dusted the bottom with the cocoa/sugar mix. When I finished making the truffles, I tossed the remaining mixture over all of them and shook it all up. No problems. A winner in this house. I wonder what creme de menthe would taste like?