Recipe by Bergy
You'll want to make a double batch of these truffles. SOOOoooo easy and soooo good.I store them in the freezer and find they are still good after a couple of monthe but the original recipe said store in fridge and for up to a week. I reccommend that you use "Slide" no stick foil
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 2⁄3 cup gingersnap cookie, crushed (I use the thin ginger wafers)
- 3 tablespoons Bushmills whiskey
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1⁄3 cup icing sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt chocolate and butter in heavy saucepan over low heat.
- Stirring until smooth.
- Mix in crushed cookies and whiskey.
- Pour into a bowl, cover and chill about 45 minutes.
- Line a cookie sheet with foil and drop truffle mixture by tablespoon, spacing apart Freeze 15 minutes.
- Sift cocoa and 1/3 cup sugar together.
- Roll each truffle in the sugar.
- Place in air tight container and refrigerate.
- Can be made up to a week before serving.
- Let stand at room temp for 15 minutes before serving.