Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Woman's World 7/18/00 . Chocolate chips, chopped pecans, buttermilk and just enough Jack Daniels turn a cake mix into a heavenly creation your family will gobble up!
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2⁄3 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup whiskey, such as Jack Daniels
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 (16 ounce) cans chocolate frosting
- pecan pieces (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour 2 9-inch round cake pans.
- On ungreased baking sheet, bake pecans 6-8 minutes or until golden. Remove from pan; cool completely, 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in bowl combine cake mix, buttermilk, oil, eggs, and whiskey; with mixer at low speed, beat until combined. Increase speed to medium; beat 2 minutes.
- Stir in chocolate chips and cooled pecans.
- Divide batter between pans. Bake 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted into centers comes out clean. Cool on racks 5 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely on racks.
- Place 1 cake layer on serving platter; spread with 1 cup frosting. Top with remaining layer; spread top and sides with remaining frosting. Press pecan pieces onto side, if desired.
I have tried this recipe nine years ago from ww mag. and lost the recipe,it's one of the best cakes I ever made! by jordan_gina