Recipe by WI Cheesehead
This is less of a buttercream and more of a whipped cream. I like whipped cream frostings better.
- 3 (1 ounce) semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 1 1⁄4 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt together chocolate, butter and the 1/3 cup heavy cream in top of double boiler over hot, not boiling water; stir until smooth. Cool completely.
- Beat together the remaining 1 1/4 cups heavy cream, confectioners' sugar and vanilla in medium bowl just until soft peaks begin to form. Do not overbeat or frosting will become grainy.
- Fold one-third of the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture just until combined.
- Fold the chocolate mixture into the remaining whipped cream just until combined.
- Makes about 3 cups. Enough to fill and frost 9-inch three-layer cake.