WI Cheesehead's Note:
This is less of a buttercream and more of a whipped cream. I like whipped cream frostings better.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt together chocolate, butter and the 1/3 cup heavy cream in top of double boiler over hot, not boiling water; stir until smooth. Cool completely.
- 2Beat together the remaining 1 1/4 cups heavy cream, confectioners' sugar and vanilla in medium bowl just until soft peaks begin to form. Do not overbeat or frosting will become grainy.
- 3Fold one-third of the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture just until combined.
- 4Fold the chocolate mixture into the remaining whipped cream just until combined.
- 5Makes about 3 cups. Enough to fill and frost 9-inch three-layer cake.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Whipped Cream Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (510 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 661.7
- Calories from Fat 563
- Total Fat 62.6 g
- Saturated Fat 38.8 g
- Cholesterol 192.4 mg
- Sodium 52.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 20.9 g
- Protein 3.8 g