Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
A great chocolate cake with a light (not overly sweet) whipped cream frosting (uses Cool Whip). It is great with a glass of cold milk. Since it is kept in the frig, it is a nice cool dessert for summer as well.
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) package chocolate cake mix (I use Devil's food)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1⁄3 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- In large mixing bowl, blend cake mix, water, eggs and oil.
- Blend for 3 minutes at medium speed.
- In greased and floured pans; either 2 round (9") or 1 (13 x 9), bake per cake package directed times.
- Cool completely.
- Remove the cake from the round pans, I leave the 13 x 9 cake in the pan.
- Place Cool Whip in a chilled mixing bowl.
- Gradually add the sugar and cocoa.
- Frost cake with chocolate cream mixture.
- Refrigerate 24 hours before serving.
- Time does not reflect frig time.