Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Found this recipe on another web site and LOVED it! Moist, delicious, and ery cool looking. Gave the recipe away.
- 78.07 ml shortening
- 314.66 ml white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 354.88 ml grated zucchini
- 78.07 ml water
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 395.10 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml pumpkin pie spice
- 78.07 ml chopped walnuts
- 44.37 ml unsweetened cocoa powder
- 78.07 ml semisweet mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar together. Mix in eggs. Add zucchini, water, and vanilla; stir. Blend in flour, baking soda, salt , baking powder, and pumpkin pie spice. Stir in nuts.
- Divide batter in half, and add cocoa powder and chocolate chips to one of the halves. Pour plain batter into bottom of the loaf pan. Pour chocolate batter on top of plain batter.
- Bake until wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Cool 10 minutes, and remove from pan. Store in refrigerator.
Awesome! Made this and love the low fat yet full flavor results. Thanks for posting. Don't hesitate to try this one, it is a keeper!!!! My favorite zucchini bread recipe of all.