Recipe by flightnurse
Found this recipe on another web site and LOVED it! Moist, delicious, and ery cool looking. Gave the recipe away.
Top Review by The Jelly Room
Awesome! Made this and love the low fat yet full flavor results. Thanks for posting. Don't hesitate to try this one, it is a keeper!!!! My favorite zucchini bread recipe of all.
- 1⁄3 cup shortening
- 1 1⁄3 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated zucchini
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄3 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄3 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar together. Mix in eggs. Add zucchini, water, and vanilla; stir. Blend in flour, baking soda, salt , baking powder, and pumpkin pie spice. Stir in nuts.
- Divide batter in half, and add cocoa powder and chocolate chips to one of the halves. Pour plain batter into bottom of the loaf pan. Pour chocolate batter on top of plain batter.
- Bake until wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Cool 10 minutes, and remove from pan. Store in refrigerator.