"Waves of chocolate melt in your mouth upon tasting these filled cookies." Whenever I make these cookies, people offer me money to make them their own personal stash! From "Something's Chocolate" by Patricia Tatro Opler.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Blend one cup butter with the cream and flour; stir well. Chill this dough, wrapped tightly, for 2 hours minimum.
- Roll the chilled dough out to a thickness of 1/3" on a lightly floured surface. Cut the dough into 1" to 1 1/2" circles. Toss the cookies circles in white sugar to coat.
- Place circles on a lightly greased cookies sheet and prick each one twice with a fork. Bake cookies until puffy and light golden on the edges, about 7-9 minutes. Cool baked cookies for 5 minutes before placing them on a cookie rack to complete cooling.
- Prepare the filling: Melt 1 1/2 oz. semisweet chocolate. Beat 1/4 cup butter with powdered sugar. Blend in the melted chocolate. Sandwich pairs of cookies together with a thin spread of the filling.
- Prepare the glaze: Melt 2 oz. of semisweet chocolate with 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter and stir until smooth. Mixture will be quite thin.
- Drizzle this thin chocolate glaze over the filled sandwiches to create uneven stripes across the cookie tops.