Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are a nice sweet treat!
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar, plus
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 2⁄3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 (17 1/3 ounce) package puff pastry sheets, thawed
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In small bowl, whisk together 1 egg and 1 T water; set aside.
- In large bowl, mix ricotta, 1/3 cup of the sugar, vanilla and remaining egg.
- Stir in cocoa powder and flour, then chocolate and walnuts.
- On lightly floured surface, roll out puff pastry sheets into 12-inch squares.
- With a sharp knife, cut each sheet into 9 equal squares (each 4 inches per side).
- Spoon 1 1/2 tablespoons chocolate-walnut filling into the center of one square.
- Brush edges with egg mixture; fold in half diagonally to form a triangle.
- Press well to seal edges; transfer to an ungreased baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining pastry squares and filling.
- Brush tops with egg mixture and sprinkle with remaining 1 T sugar.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 14 minutes or until browned on top.
- Cool turnovers on rack.
- To serve, dust with confectioners' sugar.