Iron Bloomers's Note:
Chewy, rich torte riddled with chocolate!
My Private Note
nine in ...
Units: US | Metric
- 30 Ritz crackers, crushed fine
- 3/4 cup broken walnuts
- 1 cup mini chocolate chip
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 egg whites, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 2Combine and set aside: crackers, nuts, chips and baking powder.
- 3With electric mixer, beat egg whites till frothy. Slowly beat in sugar a bit at a time until all in and egg whites are glossy and almost as stiff as for angel cake.
- 4Fold in cracker mixture, gently but well.
- 5Pour into ungreased 9-inch pie pan.
- 6Bake at 325° for 25-30 minutes.
- 7Cool completely.
- 8• Topping: While pie is baking, combine Dream Whip, cocoa and sugar in mixing bowl; add milk, blend well.
- 9Place bowl in fridge while pie bakes.
- 10Once pie is cool, whip topping to stiff peaks.
- 11Spread on pie leaving 1-inch band around edge (for looks).
- 12Sprinkle with chopped nuts, or shaved chocolate.
- 13Chill overnight.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Walnut Torte
Serving Size: 1 (147 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 538.7
- Calories from Fat 239
- Total Fat 26.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 2.8 mg
- Sodium 297.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 60.0 g
- Protein 7.8 g