Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Serves great with vanilla or your favorite ice cream.
Make and share this Chocolate Walnut Tart recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup cold unsalted butter or 3⁄4 cup butter, cut into small pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 -8 tablespoons ice water
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter or 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 3⁄4 cups coarsely chopped toasted walnuts
- 1 1⁄2 cups semisweet chocolate pieces
- For the crust: In a medium bowl combine flour and salt; cut in 3/4 cup butter using a pastry blender.
- Make a well in center; add 6 to 8 tablespoons ice water, one tablespoon at a time. Toss mixture with a fork to moisten after each addition.
- Use your hands to flatten the dough into a disk.
- Cover the disk with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour or until the dough is easy to handle; unwrap.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough from center to edges to form a circle 15 inches in diameter.
- Fold the pastry in quarters and transfer the pastry to a 10-inch springform pan or 10-inch round cake pan.
- Unfold the pastry into the pan, being careful not to stretch the pastry.
- Gently press the pastry onto side of pan two inches up the sides of the springform pan or trim the edges flush with the top of the cake pan.
- Generously prick bottom and sides of pastry in pan with a fork.
- Line pastry with a double thickness of regular foil or one layer of heavy-duty foil.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Remove foil. Bake for 4 to 5 minutes more or till set and dry. Set aside.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degree F.
- For filling: In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs with an electric mixer on high speed about 5 minutes or until thick and light colored.
- Gradually add the sugar; mix well until mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add the 3 tablespoons melted butter and vanilla; mix well.
- Add the flour; mix just until combined, scraping the sides of the mixing bowl. Stir in walnuts and chocolate pieces.
- Pour the filling into the partially baked pastry shell. Bake for 45 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool 1-1/2 hours on a wire rack. Remove sides of springform pan, or turn the tart in cake pan out onto rack, then invert onto cake plate.