1 hr 30 mins
Serves great with vanilla or your favorite ice cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cold unsalted butter or 3/4 cup butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 -8 tablespoons ice water
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter or 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups coarsely chopped toasted walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate pieces
- 1For the crust: In a medium bowl combine flour and salt; cut in 3/4 cup butter using a pastry blender.
- 2Make a well in center; add 6 to 8 tablespoons ice water, one tablespoon at a time. Toss mixture with a fork to moisten after each addition.
- 3Use your hands to flatten the dough into a disk.
- 4Cover the disk with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour or until the dough is easy to handle; unwrap.
- 5Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- 6On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough from center to edges to form a circle 15 inches in diameter.
- 7Fold the pastry in quarters and transfer the pastry to a 10-inch springform pan or 10-inch round cake pan.
- 8Unfold the pastry into the pan, being careful not to stretch the pastry.
- 9Gently press the pastry onto side of pan two inches up the sides of the springform pan or trim the edges flush with the top of the cake pan.
- 10Generously prick bottom and sides of pastry in pan with a fork.
- 11Line pastry with a double thickness of regular foil or one layer of heavy-duty foil.
- 12Bake for 8 minutes. Remove foil. Bake for 4 to 5 minutes more or till set and dry. Set aside.
- 13Reduce oven temperature to 350 degree F.
- 14For filling: In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs with an electric mixer on high speed about 5 minutes or until thick and light colored.
- 15Gradually add the sugar; mix well until mixture is light and fluffy.
- 16Add the 3 tablespoons melted butter and vanilla; mix well.
- 17Add the flour; mix just until combined, scraping the sides of the mixing bowl. Stir in walnuts and chocolate pieces.
- 18Pour the filling into the partially baked pastry shell. Bake for 45 minutes until golden brown.
- 19Cool 1-1/2 hours on a wire rack. Remove sides of springform pan, or turn the tart in cake pan out onto rack, then invert onto cake plate.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Walnut Tart
Serving Size: 1 (104 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 603.6
- Calories from Fat 313
- Total Fat 34.8 g
- Saturated Fat 15.1 g
- Cholesterol 109.4 mg
- Sodium 124.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 36.4 g
- Protein 9.3 g