1 hr 5 mins
Christmas Carol's Note:
A very special strudel filled with creamy chocolate and crunchy walnuts, served warm from the oven with a dusting of sweet powdered sugar. Sound yummy? It is, and oh so easy to make! A classic from Pepperidge Farm.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Thaw sheet of puffed pastry for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- 2Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 3In a small bowl, combine egg and water.
- 4In a large bowl, microwave the chocolate, milk, and butter on HIGH for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chocolate is melted.
- 5Unfold the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface.
- 6Roll into a 16" by 12" rectangle.
- 7Spread chocolate mixture evenly on puffed pastry to within 1 1/2 inch of edges and sprinkle the chopped walnuts over the chocolate.
- 8Beginning with short end, roll up jelly-roll style.
- 9Place seam side down on an ungreased baking sheet.
- 10Tuck ends under to seal and brush with egg mixture.
- 11Bake for 35 minutes or until golden.
- 12Cool 30 minutes on baking sheet on wire rack.
- 13Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- 14Slice and serve warm.
- 15Note- You may use the remaining puff pastry sheet to make decorative cut-outs for your strudel/ Simply thaw the pastry and use mini cookie cutters to cut desired shapes/ Press shapes onto top of strudel and brush tops with egg mixture/ Bake as directed.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Walnut Strudel
Serving Size: 1 (65 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 411.9
- Calories from Fat 274
- Total Fat 30.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 41.0 mg
- Sodium 131.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 10.9 g
- Protein 6.5 g