Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Sweet, Sweet, and delicious, adapted from Company's Comming
- 118.29 ml butter or 118.29 ml margarine
- 78.07 ml packed brown sugar (I use sugar twin brown)
- 295.73 ml all-purpose flour
- 1.23 ml salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 236.59 ml packed brown sugar or 236.59 ml brown Sugar Twin
- 44.37 ml cocoa
- 14.79 ml flour
- 118.29 ml walnuts, chopped
- 236.59 ml coconut
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
Top layer Icing
- 295.73 ml icing sugar
- 78.07 ml cocoa
- 44.37 ml butter or 44.37 ml margarine
- 14.79 ml coffee or 14.79 ml water, plus
- 9.85 ml coffee or 9.85 ml water
- 1 whole halved walnuts, to place on iced squares
- Preheat oven to 350f degrees.
- Base layer.
- Measure all base layer ingredients into bowl, crumble together until mealy.
- Press into ungreased 9 x 9 inch oven proof dish.
- Set aside.
- Middle layer.
- Beat eggs until foamy; add the rest of the ingredients and stir well.
- Spread over bottom layer; bake in 350f degree oven for 30 minutes.
- Top layer, icing.
- Beat together well in small bowl all icing ingredients.
- Add more liquid if needed to spread easily.
- Spread over cooled squares.
- Place one whole, half walnut to indicate squares for cutting, so that the half walnut is in the middle of each square.
- Cut into squares.
I was going to post this recipe when I saw it was already here -- you and I obviously have the same Company's Coming cookbook! I have these marked an "A+++!" in my book.