Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Sweet, Sweet, and delicious, adapted from Company's Comming
Make and share this Chocolate Walnut Squares recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar (I use sugar twin brown)
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup packed brown sugar or 1 cup brown Sugar Twin
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Top layer Icing
- 1 1⁄4 cups icing sugar
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 tablespoon coffee or 1 tablespoon water, plus
- 2 teaspoons coffee or 2 teaspoons water
- 1 whole halved walnuts, to place on iced squares
- Preheat oven to 350f degrees.
- Base layer.
- Measure all base layer ingredients into bowl, crumble together until mealy.
- Press into ungreased 9 x 9 inch oven proof dish.
- Set aside.
- Middle layer.
- Beat eggs until foamy; add the rest of the ingredients and stir well.
- Spread over bottom layer; bake in 350f degree oven for 30 minutes.
- Top layer, icing.
- Beat together well in small bowl all icing ingredients.
- Add more liquid if needed to spread easily.
- Spread over cooled squares.
- Place one whole, half walnut to indicate squares for cutting, so that the half walnut is in the middle of each square.
- Cut into squares.
I was going to post this recipe when I saw it was already here -- you and I obviously have the same Company's Coming cookbook! I have these marked an "A+++!" in my book.