Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
Theese are so good I know if you make these people will be asking for more.
Make and share this Chocolate Walnut Pie Bars recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels (12-ounce package)
- 1 1⁄2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts
- FOR CRUST: PREHEAT oven to 350°F.
- Grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- BEAT flour, butter and brown sugar in small mixer bowl until crumbly.
- Press onto bottom of prepared baking pan.
- BAKE for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- FOR FILLING: BEAT eggs, corn syrup, granulated sugar, butter and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl.
- Stir in morsels and nuts; pour over hot crust.
- BAKE at 350°F.
- for 25 to 30 minutes or until set.
Great gooey yummy recipe. I only used 1 cup of chocolate chips and thought it was perfect. This is in my nestle tollhouse book, and it is always a favourite.
Way TOO many chocolate chips in this recipe. It turned out to be a chocolate chip mess towards the end after eating a couple of these and I am an intense chocolate lover. However, this recipe would be great with about 3/4 cup of the chips. Other than that this recipe is a very good one and I would recommend it.
if you like pecan pie you may love these more than i did. i dont and this has the texture of pecan pie but since it was chocolate and walnuts it was better. the bottom crust was a little greasy for my taste but other than that. this recipe came together quick and easy though mine was done in about 20 min. thanks for a yummy treat that was gobbled up!