Recipe by *Nabiha*
These are really simple to make and can be served with coffee or ice cream. Use a good, all-butter pastry for better results.
- 100 g walnuts
- 100 g good-quality plain dark chocolate, broken into chunks (or high-cocoa milk chocolate)
- 1 finely grated orange, zest of
- 500 g puff pastry
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- icing sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 200C.Lightly grease a couple of baking sheets.
- Put the walnuts, chocolate and orange zest in a food processor and chop fairly finely.
- Beat the egg and milk together to prepare egg wash.
- Roll out the pastry to about 3mm thickness, then slice into strips roughly 4cm by 12cm.
- Brush each strip with the egg wash, then scatter with a layer of the chopped walnut mixture. Press it lightly into the pastry. Form each strip into a twist.
- Transfer to the baking sheets.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden and puffed up, then remove from the oven and, while still hot, dust generously with sifted icing sugar.
- Leave to cool before serving.