Prep 30 mins
Cook 9 mins
"Cream cheese adds a rich flavor to this chocolate chunk and walnut drop cookie." These are from a Land O' Lakes magazine. I think they look yummy!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 3⁄4 cups coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 (7 ounce) milk chocolate candy bars, cut into chunks
- Heat oven to 350. Combine butter, brown sugar, sugar, and cream cheese in a large bowl. Beat at medium speed, scarping bowl often, until well mixed. Add eggs; continue beating until well mixed. Reduce speed to low; add flour and baking soda. Beat until well mixed. Stir in walnuts, coconut, and candy bar chunks by hand.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Let stand 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets.
these cookies were amazing. as my husband said they would be the most perfect cookie ever if they didnt have chocolate... poor thing doesnt like chocolate. but for the rest of us... its just the perfect cookie. moist, delicous and the walnuts are fabulous in it, as are the chocolate chunks. the directions are excelent.. the only thing i did was add a little vanilla to it.. but it may not have even needed that.. thank you for a delicous recipe that will be made again.