Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Yummy! Dried cranberries and chocolate!! Mmmmm! Delicious! An adaptation of a Cooking Light recipe.
- 395.10 ml flour
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 177.44 ml cocoa
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 236.59 ml applesauce
- 118.29 ml plain soymilk
- 59.14 ml canola oil
- 177.44 ml dried sweetened cranberries
- 59.14 ml chopped walnuts, toasted
- cooking spray
- 14.79 ml powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine flour and next 5 ingredients (through salt) in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Combine applesauce, milk and oil; add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist.
- Stir in cranberries and walnuts.
- Spread into a 10-inch springform pan coated with cooking spray (batter will be thick).
- Bake at 350F for 45 minutes or until edges begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool on a wire rack. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Very good! I used Splenda for part of the sugar (1 cup with 1/2 cup sugar) and skipped the powdered sugar topping. I served with a dollop of non-fat, sugar free vanilla yogurt. Cake was moist and the cranberry and chocolate is a nice combination.