Recipe by Vino Girl
This may be made ahead by wrapping the baked and cooled cake in plastic wrap and foil and storing in the refrigerator for 2 days, or the freezer for up to one month. Bring the cake back to room temperature before serving. From Cooking Light (March 2005)
- 395.10 ml flour
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 177.44 ml dutch process cocoa
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 236.59 ml applesauce
- 118.29 ml plain soymilk
- 59.14 ml canola oil
- 236.59 ml dried sweetened cranberries
- 118.29 ml walnuts, chopped and toasted
- cooking spray
- 14.79 ml powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 10 inch springform pan with cooking spray.
- Combine flour and the next 5 ingredients (through salt) in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Combine applesauce, milk, and oil; add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist.
- Stir in cranberries and walnuts.
- Spread the batter in the pan (it will be thick).
- Bake for 45 minutes or until edges begin to pull away from sides of pan.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- When cool, sprinkle with powdered sugar.