Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Delightful mini chocolate cakes.
- 1⁄2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- decorating icing, any color (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup butter (1/2 stick)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line bottom of 13"x9"x2" baking pan with wax paper.
- In a small saucepan, bring butter, water, and cocoa to a boil, stirring constantly, until mixture boils; then remove from heat.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt; stir in cocoa mixture.
- Add egg and sour cream; beat on medium speed of mixer until well blended.
- Stir in nuts.
- Pour batter into baking pan.
- Bake until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean (20-22 minutes).
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan to wire rack; carefully removing wax paper.
- Cool completely.
- Cut cake into small pieces (2"x1 3/4" each) (cake will be easier to cut if frozen for several hours or up to several days before cutting).
- Place on cooling rack.
- In a small saucepan, bring butter, water, and cocoa for glaze to a boil, stirring constantly, until mixture boils; then remove from heat.
- Cool slightly.
- Gradually add powdered sugar, mixing until smooth; stir in vanilla.
- Spoon glaze over top of each piece of cake, allowing it to run down the sides.
- Let glaze to set; then decorate with icing, if desired.
- Place in foil cups, if desired.