1 hr 45 mins
This is from the wonderful "Breakfast Book" by Marion Cunningham. It was my first attempt (and only, so far) at making yeast bread. Couldn't be simpler and is delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the water in a large mixing bowl and sprinkle in the yeast.
- 2Stir& allow to blend for 5 min to dissolve.
- 3Add the flour, sugar, salt& eggs to the yeast mixture and beat until well blended.
- 4Beat the butter in gradually until batter is smooth.
- 5Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let batter rise until it doubles in size.
- 6Stir batter down and add walnuts& chocolate.
- 7Spoon into 2 greased 8x4 loaf pans (pans should be half full).
- 8Bake in a preheated 350 oven for about 45 minutes.
- 9Cool in pan for 5 minutes, then turn out onto racks.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Walnut Butter Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1245 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 149.8
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 37.8 mg
- Sodium 132.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 3.5 g