Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
No need to ice. An exquisite crust invites nibbling.
FOR THE CAKE
- 1 cup soft butter (250 mL)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar (375 mL)
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla (10 mL)
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour (625 mL)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder (10 mL)
FOR THE FILLING
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar (375 mL)
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa (60 mL)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (5 mL)
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, finely chopped (125 mL)
- 1 cup chocolate chips (semi-sweet, 250 mL)
- 2 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease and flour bundt pan.
- FOR THE FILLING: Combine brown sugar, cocoa, vanilla, walnuts and chocolate chips. Beat the egg whites until they are stiff and fold into the mixture.
- FOR THE CAKE: Beat until light the soft butter. Add sugar and cream well. Beat together the egg yolks, 2 eggs, and vanilla and add to the sugar and butter mixture.
- Sift together the flour and baking powder. Beat flour into the butter egg mixture.
- Pour three quarters of batter into prepared bundt pan and make a groove through it with the back of a spoon.
- Fill groove with chocolate mixture. Cover with remaining batter. Bake 60 to 70 minutes until tested done.
- Nuts About Chocolate.