Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
gooey and chocolaty with just a few walnuts sprinkled on top.
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325°F Lightly butter 13x9x2-inch metal baking pan.
- Melt butter and chocolate in heavy medium saucepan over low heat, stirring until chocolate mixture is smooth.
- Using electric mixer, beat eggs and sugar in large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Beat in chocolate mixture, vanilla and salt.
- Add flour; beat just until blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, smoothing top.
- Sprinkle top with walnuts.
- Bake until tester inserted into center comes out with crumbs attached, about 35 minutes.
- Transfer pan to rack; cool completely.
- Cut brownies into squares; serve.