Recipe by Sidd
This was a favorite cookie when I was growing up. Great if you have a chocolate craving. I have included the refrigeration time in the prep time.
Top Review by Mysterygirl
My Mom's recipe calls these chocolate crackles because of the way the cookie and powdered sugar look after baking. SG is right, they are sooo good for a chocolate fix. We make these every year at Christmas time - it's a must.
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine oil, chocolate, and sugar.
- Add eggs to this mixture, one at a time, and beat well.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Sift flour and baking powder and fold into egg combination.
- Chill dough several hours or overnight in refridgerator.
- Roll into balls size of walnuts, then roll in powdered sugar.
- Bake on greased cookie sheet 7-10 minutes at 350° oven.
- If you like your cookies soft and chewy, bake only 7 minutes.