1 hr 10 mins
Special occasion breakfast. From Southern Living.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 egg, separated
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1To make Strawberry Cream: in a mixing bowl, beat the whipping cream until foamy. Gradually add in powdered sugar and beat until soft peaks form. Fold sliced strawberries into whipped cream.
- 2To make the waffles: In a mixing bowl, mix together the flour, soda, salt, sugar, and cocoa.
- 3In another bowl, combine the egg yolk, buttermilk, and butter; add egg mixture to the flour mixture, stirring until dry ingredients are moistened.
- 4Beat egg white (at room temperature) until stiff peaks form; carefully fold into batter.
- 5Pour appropriate amount of batter onto preheated, oiled waffle iron (amount of batter will vary depending on waffle iron size); bake until done.
- 6Cut waffles to make eight 4-inch squares.
- 7Serve waffle squares with Strawberry Cream.
- 8Garnish with a strawberry fan.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Waffles With Strawberry Cream
Serving Size: 1 (128 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 248.1
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 65.8 mg
- Sodium 185.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 17.5 g
- Protein 4.3 g