Chocolate Waffles With Strawberry Cream
- To make Strawberry Cream: in a mixing bowl, beat the whipping cream until foamy. Gradually add in powdered sugar and beat until soft peaks form. Fold sliced strawberries into whipped cream.
- To make the waffles: In a mixing bowl, mix together the flour, soda, salt, sugar, and cocoa.
- In another bowl, combine the egg yolk, buttermilk, and butter; add egg mixture to the flour mixture, stirring until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Beat egg white (at room temperature) until stiff peaks form; carefully fold into batter.
- Pour appropriate amount of batter onto preheated, oiled waffle iron (amount of batter will vary depending on waffle iron size); bake until done.
- Cut waffles to make eight 4-inch squares.
- Serve waffle squares with Strawberry Cream.
- Garnish with a strawberry fan.