Recipe by MeliBug
As soon as i get a waffle iron, im trying this!!!!
Top Review by Sydney Mike
I know I went overboard with the concoction I came up with when making this recipe but I DID enjoy it! Made the waffles as indicated, & they turned out just fine! Then I topped them off with both a homemade strawberry sauce AND a drizzle of homemade fudge sauce! Could not have been more satisfying! Many thanks! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my partners in the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #21]
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- strawberry (optional)
- whipped cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cocoa, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a medium bowl, or a large measuring cup, thoroughly whisk together eggs, buttermilk, melted butter and vanilla extract. Add to flour mixture and whisk until just smooth.
- Preheat waffle iron and make according to directions.
- Serve immediately. Garnish with whipped cream and strawberries!