1/1 Photo of Chocolate Waffles
This recipe by Alton Brown is chocolately without being overwhelming. We enjoy them topped with a red berry jam, such as strawberry or raspberry.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups buttermilk, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1Preheat your waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions.
- 2In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- 3In another bowl, beat together the eggs, melted butter and vanilla, and then add the buttermilk.
- 4Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir in the chocolate chips just until combined.
- 5Allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- 6Ladle the recommended amount of waffle batter onto the centre of the iron.
- 7Close the iron top and cook until the waffle is crispy on both sides and is easily removed from the iron.
- 8Serve immediately or keep warm in a 200 degree F oven until ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Waffles
Serving Size: 1 (1109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 196.9
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 58.3 mg
- Sodium 339.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 11.0 g
- Protein 5.7 g