Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Midwest Living, August 2009
Make and share this Chocolate Waffle Turtle Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1 cup chopped toasted pecans (optional)
- Preheat waffle iron.
- In a large bowl stir together melted butter, granulated sugar, eggs, 1/2 cup cocoa powder and 2 teaspoons vanilla.
- Add flour; stir just until combined.
- Drop heaping teaspoonfuls of batter into center of each waffle grid.
- Cook on medium-high heat about 2 minutes, adjusting heat as necessary.
- Using a fork transfer cookies to rack; cool.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- When cool, mound cookies on a platter.
- For glaze: In a small saucepan heat 1/4 cup butter and water over low heat until melted.
- Add the 3 tablespoons cocoa and stir until smooth.
- Remove from heat.
- Beat in powdered sugar and the 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Stir in additional hot water, if needed, to reach drizzling consistency.
- Drizzle over cookies along with caramel topping.
- Sprinkle with pecans.