Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Yes, cookies on the waffle iron! From Southern Living, these are quick, easy, ovenless cookies. No bake.
- 1⁄3 cup shortening
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 1 large beaten egg
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Melt shortening and chocolate on low heat. (I use butter-flavored shortening - BUT NOT BUTTER OR MARGARINE).
- Let cool.
- Combine beaten egg, sugar, milk, and vanilla.
- Add chocolate mixture and stir well.
- Combine dry ingredients and pecans. Add to wet mix.
- Have(preferably non-Belgian) waffle iron on medium heat and drop a tablespoon on each waffle section (Some irons make two waffles, some make four.)
- Close and cook for 2-4 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack. Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar.