Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a basic chocolate waffle cone used for ice cream. While warm form into cones, or place over the back of small custard cups for bowls, or trim up with a pizza cutter into squares for ice cream sandwiches. You do need a waffle cone maker machine or a pizzelle iron to make these cones. I have both machines and prefer to use my waffle cone maker machine.
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sifted cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Beat eggs add in the sugar gradually, beating well until smooth.
- Add the melted cooled butter and vanilla.
- Sift the measured flour, cocoa powder and powder together and blend into the egg mixture well, making a sticky drop by spoon batter.
- Drop a heaping tablespoon onto preheated waffle cone maker and close lid and bake until desired colour.
- Remove and form into cones or bowls, or trim for squares.
- Hints: for cones dip the crisp cooled cone into melted chocolate and roll into nuts or sprinkles.
- for bowls let sit on inverted custard cups pressing around to shape let cool about 30 seconds the remove to completely cool, brush inside bottom with melted chocolate and then nuts or sprinkles, allow chocolate then to harden.
- for squares I trim with a pizza cutter and use for bars. You can also brush with melted chocolate and let harden before storing away.
- I also use the squares for some of my baking cakes or kit kat bars to make a delicious square using a few of these as an added layer, gives crunch. Sometimes I also add chopped fine walnuts or pecans to the melted chocolate and let harden then use in a layer cake. You have to try that too.
This is identical to our Rival cone maker booklet recipe... it is OUTSTANDING! We made the bowls this time... they're so simple, fast, tender, and flavorful... you'll never want to settle for store bought EVER again!