Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Use this crumbed as a replacement when chocolate cookies are called for as a crust substitute.
- 1⁄4 cup soft margarine
- 4 teaspoons sugar substitute
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 dash salt
- Combine margarine,sugar ,egg,cocoa and vanilla in bowl.
- Whip until creamy.
- Combine dry ingredients and add along with water mixing well.
- Shape in balls.
- Wrap in waxed paper and chill 1 hour.
- Roll out dough to 1/8 inch on lightly floured board.
- Cut with 2 1/2 inch cookie cutter and place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350F 8-10 minutes.
make sure you use 1/4 "tsp" of baking soda
You need to double check the baking soda amount. I made these and they were so nasty I had to throw out the entire batch! It has to be because the baking soda measurement is so high. Once the baking soda amt. is corrected I will try these again.