Recipe by Lainey6605
This pie is very easy to make. There is no pie crust to make. This pie can be made ahead and frozen without the whipped topping and chocolate shavings. Recipe is from Paula Deen magazine and was submitted by one of her readers.
Top Review by Georgeann Dodge
This pie is fantastic. I, too, took the recipe from the Paul Deen magazine. Really easy and delicious. I use the mini semi-sweet chocolate chips for the top. I've gotten raves from everybody I've served this too; I've probably made 6 of these pies within the past 3 months. Thanks for posting!
- 3 egg whites
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup chocolate wafer crumbs, finely ground
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen non-dairy topping, thawed
- grated chocolate (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Spray a 9-inch pie dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg whites and salt at high speed with an electric mixer until foamy.
- Gradually add sugar, beating until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold in chocolate wafer crumbs, pecans and vanilla.
- Spoon mixture into prepared pie dish, and bake for 30-35 minutes or until the center of pie is firm.
- Let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Spread whipped topping over pie before serving.
- Garnish with grated chocolate, if desired.