This pie is very easy to make. There is no pie crust to make. This pie can be made ahead and frozen without the whipped topping and chocolate shavings. Recipe is from Paula Deen magazine and was submitted by one of her readers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- 2Spray a 9-inch pie dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- 3In a medium bowl, beat egg whites and salt at high speed with an electric mixer until foamy.
- 4Gradually add sugar, beating until stiff peaks form.
- 5Gently fold in chocolate wafer crumbs, pecans and vanilla.
- 6Spoon mixture into prepared pie dish, and bake for 30-35 minutes or until the center of pie is firm.
- 7Let cool completely on a wire rack.
- 8Spread whipped topping over pie before serving.
- 9Garnish with grated chocolate, if desired.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Wafer Pie
Serving Size: 1 (77 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 262.4
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.2 mg
- Sodium 124.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 28.7 g
- Protein 3.0 g