1/2 Photos of Chocolate Wafer Ice Box Cake With Fresh Strawberries
This is a really looker as well as a great tasting cake. If you just want the chocolate double the wafer cookies and eliminate the strawberries. You could also use another fruit...or even vanilla wafer cookies. You can make individual cakes or smaller versions with 3 or 5 cookies in the circle.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, beat cream, sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer on high speed until soft peaks form.
- 2On a flat serving plate, arrange 7 cookies side by side in a circle, keeping 1 cookie in the center.
- 3Spread with 1/2 cup whipped cream, making a 7-inch circle. Leave the tips of the cookies showing.
- 4Spread layer of strawberries.
- 5Repeat with remaining ingredients, making 5 layers of cookies and 5 layers of strawberries and ending with a layer of cream.
- 6Crumble any leftover cookies.
- 7Top with whole strawberries and cookie crumbles.
- 8Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- 9To serve, dust top lightly with cocoa powder or chocolate shavings.
- 10Time does not include overnight refrigeration. The refrigeration is important so the cookies go soft and cut easily.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Wafer Ice Box Cake With Fresh Strawberries
Serving Size: 1 (1821 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3982.2
- Calories from Fat 2723
- Total Fat 302.6 g
- Saturated Fat 175.4 g
- Cholesterol 983.2 mg
- Sodium 2043.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 299.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 22.9 g
- Sugars 150.8 g
- Protein 36.3 g